To be honest, the only thing I liked was the Anzac ‘biscuits’ – which were delicious – and the candy I picked up at the checkout – Chewits. This candy is from the UK, so I’m not sure I can count that, but the black currant flavor is definitely unusual for American palettes – I loved it!
Also made the interesting discovery that I can chew gum and swing at the same time; until I spat my gum out at my brother – he was throwing sticks at me and trying to pull my scarf off while I was swinging – he didn’t believe my warnings that I would spit my gum out at him if he didn’t stop. He knows better now…
Wrote my very first short story, ‘The Key to the Chains’. I had no idea that I was even capable of writing a short story (I usually write massive tomes) and it was nice to have such a manageable story on my hands – for once. I am very excited about this story and have high hopes for it. ‘The Key to the Chains’ will be available on Amazon in mid February – also hopefully.
My beta-readers grew from 1 to 4: You know who you are – thank you so much for reading my stories and polishing them till they sparkle! You guys are AMAZING!!!
After setting the goal of reading 64 books in 2017 – I read 31 books – IN A MONTH! I FINISHED ALMOST HALF OF MY READING CHALLENGE IN A SINGLE MONTH. I also completed several other special reading challenges. Am I bragging? Yes – but I promise, it will just be this one paragraph and this one gif and then I won’t mention it again.
I READ 31 BOOKS IN JANUARY!
And now…. What I DIDN’T get done in January – but meant to.
– Hopes and Plans for February –
1. I have decided to move from eight blog posts a month – to five. I simply cannot keep up with my regular writing and maintain such an intense blogging schedule. I tried it and failed; all I did was push my stress levels from ‘bearable’ to ‘maximum’.
2. For all those wonderful people on Goodreads…I am not going to be spending quite as much time with you as I was in January. This month was a blast, but the axe will fall in February. It’s back to work, I’ve got to cut back on some of the chitchat and show some social media restrain…at least as much restrain as a social creature such as myself is capable of having.
3. Publish the Reluctant Godfather. Because of personal reasons, I set off the publication of TRG till February first.
4. Publish ‘The Key to the Chains’ on Amazon.
5. Return to writing schedule – ideally 2,000 words a day.
6. Get back to my art. I’m working on some designs for the Zazzle ‘store’ I am hoping to open something in February or possibly March.
7. Get interviewed on ‘Out of the Ordinary’. My friend, Kate Willis has graciously invited me to an interview and I am so excited about it!
8. Join Homeschooled Authors. This has been a dream for a long, long time. I can’t wait!
9. Read. I’ve got a lot of books that I cannot wait to start….wait for me books! I’m coming!